The School shall admit person that:
- Are at least 18 years of age.
- Have a high school diploma or GED, or satisfactory score on the School’s Ability to Benefit** test, or are recommended for admissions to the School by their employer or potential employer.
- Have no medical impairments that will prevent them from benefiting from the School’s educational program.
- Make an appointment with the Director or Assistant Director and visit school.
- Read Akron Testing Laboratory Welding School’s Catalogue.
- Upon visiting the school, be prepared to discuss your goals in a welding career and how the different welding processes could benefit your goals.
- Present the School with proper supporting documents, i.e., copies of high school diploma, GED, letters of recommendation, and work history
- Potential students that meet all the enrollment requirements and have supplied proper documentation may enroll at the School by meeting with the Director or Assistant Director, filling out the School’s Enrollment Agreement, setting their class schedule, and paying their tuition for their class selection, and paying their tuition for the selected class(es).
**The Ability to Benefit test is a nationally normed method of evaluating basic skill levels.
Additional Documents (PDFs)
Request More Information
Thank you for your interest in the school, for more information please fill out the form and tell us what you're looking to learn more about. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.